Mashbox is in search of a skilled WordPress developer to work with a wide array of customers helping to keep their websites fresh, optimized, and performing it’s best. The position requires a love for the WordPress Content Management system and a working knowledge of modern web development best practices, including responsiveness, performance optimization, SEO Optimized code, and proper semantics.
The WordPress developer will work closely with other team members to make sure customer priorities are accounted for, any proposed timelines can be met, and that any required information is provided. In addition, they must have a sharp eye for details, providing each customer with the finishing touches to deliver an extraordinary experience.
This position is fully remote, allowing the candidate to work from anywhere, but will require a strong internet connection and may need to attend several virtual stand-up meetings during the workday.
- Develop and implement pages and content
- Perform routine upgrades to WordPress instances and associated plugins
- Creation of custom themes and plugins.
- Troubleshooting WordPress and content issues
- Conduct performance tests and website evaluations
- Meet with customers to discuss website priorities
- 3+ years creating custom WordPress websites
- Expert knowledge of the Front-end, including CSS, JS, HTML, and jQuery
- Experience working with page builders such as Elementor, Divi, and Gutenberg
- Experience creating custom plugins and/or extending page builders
- Experience working with GIT
- Experience with performance, SEO, and/or Accessibility a plus
- Familiarity with WPEngine and/or Pantheon hosts a plus
- Strong attention to detail with an eye for design
- Ability to self-manage and work independently
If this sounds like you, then send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org